|Office:||BASIS Independent Fremont|
BASIS Independent Fremont is seeking qualified candidates for an Admissions Coordinator!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for supporting the admissions team on logistics and administrative detail while overseeing the entire admission process, and making sure it runs smoothly. As our Admissions Coordinator, you must comfortably wear many hats, and embrace the opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. You will drive results through a tireless work ethic, doing whatever is needed when it is needed, to enroll mission appropriate students into our world-class program.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Manages and owns an important piece of the admissions process, which includes ensuring applicants submit all necessary application deliverables (transcripts, teacher recommendation letters and scheduled meetings including family meetings, playdates and entrance exams).
- Conducts comprehensive follow up on those who have registered for and attended Information Sessions, School Tours or other Admissions events. Keeps a log of all activity.
- Orchestrates event management including planning, setting up and tearing down of events. Purchases or orders refreshments and snacks for events. Ensures all materials are prepared for events, including required forms and admissions folders.
- Facilitates and processes billing (Marketing, Supplies, Events, etc.).
- Submits materials to vendors for production and ensures timely delivery of those materials (printouts, signs, etc.).
- May contact marketing media vendors to collect information, follow up on billing, ask for proposals.
- General Management of administrative detail, keeping projects on schedule, printing and organizing materials.
- Updates and pursues delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Orders supplies to ensure availability when needed.
- Composes correspondence/reports as required in support of management team.
- Opens, handles or disperses mail.
- Keeps team updated on new or changing priorities.
- Handles all inquiries within own capacity, directs inquiries outside capacity to Director or Associate Director.
- Routes calls as needed.
- Drafts response emails.
- Works well with confidential material, and assures discreet handling of all business and communication.
- Arranges travel through internal or outside agents.
- Develops and maintains electronic and paper files.
- Understands, controls and ensures accuracy of budgets and expenditures.
Together with a high level of personal honesty and discretion, the successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and will thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. This role will require a high degree of organization, planning and follow-up to ensure goals and deadlines are met.
- Previous administrative experience.
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint including reporting skills as well as e-mail and the Internet are a must.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage detailed logistics and program operations.
- Self-starter and effective time manager.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be comfortable with nontraditional work hours: evenings and some weekends (primarily for events, but also project-based) are a must.
- Prior experience in an educational organization or entrepreneurial environment.
- Able and willing to travel to schools out of state.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 948509