Associate Head of School
Associate Head of School
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for an Associate Head of School!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of Preschool-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We’re Looking For
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking an Associate Head of School to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our age 2-grade 12 students. This position works collaboratively with the Head of School to support and mentor faculty and create an environment in which learning can take place through a school climate that is supportive and has high morale. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Associate Head of School will take a data-driven approach to assessing academic needs while building strong relationships with parents, students, teachers, and supportive members of the community. The position will also work closely with Admissions and directly with prospective families to share the uniqueness of our program.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborates closely with the Head of School to create a joyful learning culture, a sense of community, and a supportive school climate with high morale
- Is a visible presence in all areas of the school community
- Analyzes student achievement data to drive recommendations and decision-making for the implementation of the BASIS Curriculum
- With the Head of School, recruits, trains, and develops highly qualified and mission-driven faculty and staff
- Observes, supports, and mentors teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, curricular implementation, and school procedures
- Ensures that the school is focused on goals for college acceptances
- Participates regularly in activities for recruiting and retaining students to develop enrollment
- Organizes grade-level and departmental meetings to exchange information and ideas and coordinate curricular implementation across all grade ranges
- Supports the monitoring of student disciplinary records and academic performance and assists with the development of academic and social-emotional support programs
- Strong belief in the educational philosophy and program model for BASIS Curriculum Schools
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, mentor, support, and inspire talented faculty and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build rapport with students, teachers, and parents
- Record of academic excellence, outstanding recommendations, and active engagement with new ideas in education
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Strong work ethic and demonstrates patience, flexibility, humility, and a sense of humor
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth: We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement: Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance: We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending: Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission: You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 1060966