Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Associate Head of School
Associate Head of School
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for an Associate Head of School!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking an Associate Head of School to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our PK-12 students. This position works collaboratively with the Head of School to assist in academic operations creating an environment in which learning can take place through a school climate that is supportive and has high morale. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Associate Head of School will take a data driven approach to assessing academic program needs while building strong relationships with parents, students, teachers and supportive members of the community. The position will also work closely with admissions and directly with prospective families to share the uniqueness of our program.
- Collaborates closely with the Head of School to create a culture and sense of community to ensure an environment in which learning can take place through a school climate that is supportive and high morale.
- Manages regular formal communications with faculty, parents and student to broaden the community's understanding of the mission and goals of BASIS Independent Brooklyn.
- Participates regularly in activities for recruiting and retaining students to maintain enrollment of the school. Activities including leading and participating in community-appropriate events, information sessions, admission fairs, and other local and national events.
- Oversees activities managed by the College Guidance and Academic Programs teams to maintain processes necessary to achieve goals for college acceptances and academic guidance in grading and assessment standards.
- Assists in the organization and execution of all school events, such as: Curriculum Nights, State of the School, and Information Sessions.
- Observes and evaluates faculty to organize grade level or departmental meetings to exchange information and ideas for professional growth.
- Monitors student disciplinary records and academic performance and assists with the development of academic and social-emotional support programs.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with appropriate clearance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment, preferably within an administrative role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with students, teachers and parents.
- Sound understanding of academic plans and approaches to learning.
- Extensive experience working with all age groups of students.
- Experience in tutoring or case management is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, and be open to new ideas in education.
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 663840