|Office:||BASIS Independent Silicon Valley|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for a College Counselor!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley seeks an experienced full-time College Counselor. The main role of the successful applicant will be working very closely with 12th graders as they complete their college applications. Much but not all of this work will take place in a daily college counseling workshop. The successful applicant will also meet regularly with 11th graders, co-lead a college counseling Boot Camp in the spring individualized for grades 9-11 and, if requested, meet with families of 11th graders.
Beyond college counseling, the successful applicant will interact with the school in other ways. For instance, this person will serve as the Senior Research Project coordinator, help organize college admissions visits each fall and participate in college counseling information sessions for parents (usually held in the evenings but occasionally on weekends) and advise grades 9-11 on course registration.
A Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
A successful applicant must demonstrate a high level of academic attainment and experience working in a high school or other academic setting. Beyond this, strong communication skills in speaking with parents, students, admissions officers and colleagues are essential as is the ability to elicit (not simply edit) competitive application essays and write exceptional letters of recommendation. Finally, a successful applicant will be flexible and work well in a fast-moving team environment.
Experience working in a private high school, at least two years as a College Counselor; experience with Naviance.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 953266