Counseling Consultant (Part-time)
Counseling Consultant (Part-time)
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a Part-time Counseling Consultant!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent McLean is an age 2-Grade 12 private school. The Counseling Consultant serves as a resource to the school, primarily focused on faculty/staff support, then available for student support, and as necessary, for parent support. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school, and is responsible for issues relating to the well-being of the students at the school. The qualified counselor will be professionally trained and licensed to carry out the duties as described below.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Observations and assessments of school and classroom engagement
- Consultation with faculty and staff with recommendations to address social/emotional matters
- Formal and informal training for faculty and staff regarding social/emotional learning
- Assistance interpreting and implementing evaluative reports
- Have a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Curriculum
- Have relationship building skills
- Have an ability to effectively analyze data to improve student well-being
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have an ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Have an ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
- Have exemplary organizational skills along with the ability to establish and manage multiple priorities and the ability to work under pressure
- Have an outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Have patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Bachelors degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Experience (3-5 years) working with middle and high school students in a professional setting
- Individual must have a willingness to develop and implement a new position/program
- Individual has a background with implementing or developing Social Emotional Learning Programming
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) or state-certified youth counselor
- Experience as an independent school-based counselor
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1111393