Dean of Students-Middle School
Dean of Students-Middle School
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a Middle School Dean of Students starting this coming school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Ranked as one of the "Best College Prep Private High Schools in Virginia," our campus in McLean, Virginia is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speak to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent McLean is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
As Dean of Students, you help lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture. You will manage the behavior programs for the school and establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students at school.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Support teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Organize and review results of various student assessments
- Review progress reports, mid-semester reports
- Organize and execute student academic and behavior support
- Maintain student discipline and follow through with documentation
- Coordinate the planning and preparation for new student orientation
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Participate in the development of academic and student schedules
- Participate in the planning and execution of standardized assessments
- Support teachers in building positive relationships with parents
- Coordinate student academic support interventions
- Work with other members of the Student Support team to operate after school programming
- Participate in all faculty and staff meetings
- Organize students' arrival and dismissal
- Have a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Curriculum
- Have relationship building skills
- Have an ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have an ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Have an ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
- Have exemplary organizational skills along with the ability to establish and manage multiple priorities and the ability to work under pressure
- Have an outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Have patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Bachelor's required, Master's preferred
- 3-5 years' experience as a primary and/or middle school dean, preferably charter or independent
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.