Director of Student Affairs/Dean of Students
BASIS Independent Manhattan Upper is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Student Affairs/Dean of Students to begin in the 2021-22 school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For in a Director of Student Affairs
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking a Director of Student Affairs to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our Pre-K to 12th grade students. This position is highly focused on academics, and is responsible for establishing student support programs that lead to exceptional student outcomes. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Director of Student Affairs will take a data driven approach to assessing student needs, and thus allocate the resources needed to enhance their educational experience.
What We're Looking for in a Dean of Students
As Dean of Students, you help lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture. You will manage the behavior programs for the school and establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students at school.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Coordinate academic and social-emotional support for all students by working closely with the administrative team.
- Build and maintain relationships with students, teachers and parents to effectively communicate academic or behavioral performance plans.
- Provide support to teachers regarding student achievement, classroom management, and overall best practices.
- Escalate and resolve areas of concern as raised by parents and students.
- Lead grade team level meetings and staff meetings.
- Monitor student disciplinary records and academic performance.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with appropriate clearance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment, preferably within an administrative role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with students, teachers and parents.
- Sound understanding of academic plans and approaches to learning.
- Extensive experience working with middle school students.
- Experience in tutoring or case management is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, and be open to new ideas in education.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.