Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Elementary School Teacher (4th Grade)
Elementary School Teacher (4th Grade)
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a 4th Grade Learning Expert Teacher for the 2018/2019 School Year to join our dynamic teaching team!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
In this teaching position, you use your expertise in early childhood or elementary education to foster community among classmates and to address the differentiated needs of your students. In the classrooms, you work collaboratively with different subject teachers who are responsible in providing students with focused instruction in specific areas, allowing you the opportunity to observe and manage the social-emotional and academic needs, periods of transition, and parental communications in order to maximize student learning and development.
BASIS Curriculum Primary School Teachers are knowledgeable, passionate and believe in developing independence, responsibility and autonomy in students at a young age. Our K-4 classrooms are co-taught with not one, but two elementary teachers co-creating with students at all times. Our Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. Our Subject Expert Teachers (SETs) focus more intensely on student academic growth in their particular area of expertise. These two types of elementary teachers collaborate within our symbiotic classroom to find the best ways to deliver a top-tier education, ensure student engagement, and create an environment where students will understand and retain what they learn. Our elementary teachers love teaching and our students love learning. BASIS Curriculum teachers celebrate the art of elementary education and, guided by the belief that any child can excel, our elementary teachers' deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education.
- Build a positive classroom community to ease classroom management, improve student attitude toward learning, and create an environment where students feel welcomed and supported.
- Create intervention and enrichment activities to supplement core instruction in order to heighten the trajectory of their academic and personal success.
- Teach interdisciplinary lessons in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Instruct students in executive functions to develop skills of autonomy, responsibility and independence.
- Establish effective school-to-home and home-to-school communications to involve parents and families in their students' education.
- Guide student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by working closely with subject specific teachers to deliver effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for teaching and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education. Demonstrated success in student achievement, child development and classroom management.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 2 years of experience as an elementary educator is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods.
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 827452