BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a Facilities Assistant!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
As the Facilities Assistant, you are responsible for providing various facility and operational services of the school that are critical to delivering a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability of the physical school building.
You will need to have basic skills in facility maintenance and repairs and you will need to perform routine and non-routine janitorial services. A successful candidate will enjoy working with school aged students.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Provide general housekeeping services during school hours
- Assist the Facilities Coordinator in maintaining the facility, building and grounds and all equipment including IT, Fixed Assets, Cleaning supplies, text books, etc.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments (e.g. packaging, lifting, counting items for inventory)
- Assist the Facilities Coordinator with general repairs (electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
- Assist school teams with event set-up and tear-down.
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred). Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS. Experience with janitorial or housekeeping services. Must be able to stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building and to lift items up to 60 pounds.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with building repairs and maintenance. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.