Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
IT Implementation Engineer
IT Implementation Engineer
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Central Office - Scottsdale|
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking an IT Implementation Engineer
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the worlds most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you should expect...
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking an IT Implementation Engineer to join a fast-paced and energetic Operations team in our central corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ. We utilize several proprietary software and data systems as well as custom-configured software, hardware and services to meet the needs of our world class schools. As such, we are seeking an experienced IT Implementation Engineer to support the development, implementation and usage of software systems across our network of schools. In this role, you will build relationships and cross-functional teams to identify business needs and work through solutions with technical managers, non-technical managers and staff. You will leverage your technical fluency and excellent communication and problem solving skills to manage a varied range of technical and interdisciplinary projects and bring about the specified solutions into reality. You will drive results through a tireless work ethic, meeting quick turn-around timelines, building and coordinating successful inter-departmental relationships, and constantly thinking creatively about how we can further elevate and enhance BASIS Independent Schools operations. This position directly reports to the Vice President of Operations and collaborates closely with the central IT team.
Your Primary Responsibilities are to...
- Catalogue and own project requests
- Establish technical project requirements, objectives and milestones
- Coordinate project meetings and collaboration sessions
- Maintain project plan, timeline, status deck, sprint plans and backlog
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between departments and project team members
- Work with cross-functional teams and support implementation of new project initiatives including associated business process changes
- Proactively research client issues, document findings and implement solutions
- Train employees on software systems and identify all issues in processes and provide solutions
- Create documentation for training of current and future software users
- Assist in monitoring software implementation lifecycle and making appropriate customizations as necessary
- Work directly with vendors and business owners to ensure timelines are committed to and those commitments are upheld
- Other duties as assigned and which invariably arise in our fast-paced environment
To join our team you must...
- Have 3+ years experience managing and implementing small to medium scale projects
- Have a bachelors degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- Be able to prioritize and work on a number of projects at once
- Have exceptional interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Be analytical and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Have excellent organization and high attention to detail
- Have a strong work ethic as an individual contributor and a supportive team member
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with evolving tools, processes and structures
- Be willing to take calculated risks in a demanding start-up culture
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Have experience with virtual environments such as Hyper-V
- Knowledge and familiarity with IP Based communication networks
- Knowledge and familiarity with DevOps and Agile project management
- Be willing to occasionally travel to our offices and schools in Northern California, New York City and Northern Virginia, sometimes on short notice
Bonus points for having any...
- Desire to obtain PMP or equivalent certification
- Additional industry certifications such as CompTA, CCNA, CISSC, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Suite tools
- Familiarity with Cisco networking
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.