School Health Coordinator Assistant
School Health Coordinator Assistant
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a School Health Coordinator Assistant!
Who We Are
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just five years, we have established five highly regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The School Health Coordinator Assistant at BASIS Independent Brooklyn is responsible for overseeing and providing services related to maintaining the health and wellness of students. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our School Health Coordinator Assistant will work together with our student support team to monitor student health needs and provide appropriate interventions and medical services while building strong relationships with parents, students, teachers and supportive members of the school community.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains standards of first aide care for the emergency treatment of student injuries and illness during the school day and keeps a high level of neatness, cleanliness and organization of the health clinic.
- Organizes and maintains student health records, medication cabinet and medical administration and daily clinic records, and prepares required reports.
- Collaborates with the student support team to develop protocol and programming for the safety and well-being of the students in grades PK-12.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with student support team and families regarding student health and well-being.
- Reviews records from students' previous school and communicates with families required updates of student health records (e.g. immunizations).
- Ensure compliance with applicable City, State and Federal health regulations.
- Collaborates with the operations team to develop protocol and programming for a hygienic facility.
- Supports school attendance by working closely with students who must use medication in the treatment of illness or chronic disabilities and interprets student's health status or medical findings with school personnel.
- Supports school administration by performing tasks related to student data collection and responding to frequently asked questions. Assigned additional tasks and projects as needed to support the entire school function.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree. Knowledge of child and adolescent growth and development. Experience treating minor injuries and/or providing medical support to patients or students. Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate issued by an authorized agency. Flexible hours are required. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Preferred Qualifications: Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Medical Assistant, or Licensed Practical Nurse background strongly preferred. Knowledge of communicable disease prevention and medication protocol. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 1010759