BASIS Independent Brooklyn Lower is seeking qualified candidates for an Admissions Assistant (Monitor) starting this coming school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Ranked as one of the "Best College Prep Private High Schools in New York," our campus in Brooklyn, New York is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Brooklyn is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
As an Admissions Assistant (Monitor), you will provide support services to the school's faculty and staff in order to meet the mission of BASIS Independent Schools. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the admissions team. This position is a great opportunity to work for a highly dynamic, fast-paced organization with room for growth.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks (phone calls, filing, etc.) in support of the school’s enrollment goals
- Communicate professionally with families by email and phone
- Make out-bound phone calls to warm leads.
- Participate in informational and tabling events
- Provide effective customer service to families and visitors
- Provide coverage for teachers or other staff as needed
- Ability to work in Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe, and PowerPoint
- Weeknight and weekend availability
- Additional tasks as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma and valid fingerprint clearance are required to work at BASIS Independent Schools.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with children is preferred. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment, and will be able to stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.