Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Associate Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
|Office:||BASIS Independent Silicon Valley|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for an Associate Director of Admissions!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just a few years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here...
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is a grades 5-12 private school. As the Associate Director of Admissions, you are responsible for putting into play your love for education and your project management expertise, to support the goals and objectives of the team, in addition to helping connect the school to families that are a strong fit for our acclaimed academic program.
You embrace the opportunity to expand your skills and truly grow in an entrepreneurial environment. You will drive results through your tireless work ethic and consistently do what is needed, when it is needed- to enroll mission-appropriate students into our program.
You can expect to...
- Partner with admissions leadership to plan, develop and execute student recruitment strategies to drive application growth and achieve enrollment goals
- Increase awareness of our school admissions through outreach, which includes building relationships with local companies, organizations, associations, communities, and currently enrolled and new families
- Participate in or lead family meetings, tours, and entrance exam sessions and playdates, information sessions, open houses, and other admissions related events
- Direct our Student Ambassador and Shadow Program
- Coordinate enrollment events from concept to implementation
- Have the ability to speak with prospective families knowledgeably and confidently about the school's program
- Support the follow-up with families who are in our admissions pipeline which will include phone calls and e-mails to those on our interest list to build relationships with new families and students, address questions, re-register them for admissions events or connect prospective families with faculty and staff pending on requests
- Write and send bi-weekly Admissions Newsletters and other communications to our interest list
- Be the go-to person for managing and executing our CRM; training will be provided
- Be responsible for meeting specific lead and enrollment goals and benchmarks
- Building and maintaining a calendar of events for the year and overseeing registration and preparation (logistics, setup, etc.) for admissions events
- Creating and maintaining outreach list
- Updating PowerPoint presentations
- Preparing admissions events including set up and tear down
- Evaluating enrollment data with admissions leadership to determine success of marketing efforts and provide analysis that can be translated into enrollment strategies
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial/start-up environment and adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Big picture thinker
- Strong understanding of admissions funnel and how to optimally engage at each stage
- Database maintenance
- Organization and high attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications or work experience in a related field such as sales, fundraising, marketing, media planning, advertising, strategic planning
- Experience within education or a true passion for working within PK-12 education
- Must be comfortable with nontraditional work hours; evenings and some weekends per month are a must
- Social media experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel) skills are absolutely essential
- Strong work-ethic, must be a self-starter, and a passion for education
- Must be goal oriented and driven to accomplish defined objectives
The Nitty Gritty...
Reports to: Sr. Director of Admissions
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 744573