Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Associate Head of School
Associate Head of School
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for an Associate Head of School!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking an Associate Head of School to work in close partnership with the Head of School in order to advance the school's mission, to achieve a culture of academic excellence and to assure the success of our PK-12 students. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Associate Head of School will take a data driven approach to assessing academic program needs while building strong relationships with parents, students, and teachers. The Associate Head of School is a highly visible community leader who works directly with admissions and prospective families to share the uniqueness of our program.
- Analyze student achievement data and use data to drive recommendations and decision-making for the implementation of the BASIS Curriculum.
- Ensure that the school is focused on goals for college acceptances.
- Oversee academic guidance in grading and assessment standards.
- Build communication for all school events and assist in the execution of the events, such as: Curriculum or Rising Nights, Grade Level Parent Meetings, Pre-comprehensive and Comprehensive Exam preparation, State of the School, and General Information Sessions to broaden the families' understanding of the mission and academic goals of BASIS Independent McLean.
- Participate regularly in activities for recruiting and retaining students to develop enrollment. Activities include leading and participating in community-appropriate events, information sessions, admission fairs, and other local and national events.
- Assist in the design and implementation of faculty orientation, professional development, mentoring, and teacher evaluation.
- Support teachers in applying effective classroom management practices, understanding their roles in student support and intervention, and developing systems and structures to ensure pro-active student discipline.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree, preferably an advanced degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment, preferably in an administrative role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build rapport with students, teachers, and parents.
- Sound understanding of individualized academic plans and different approaches to learning.
- Strong communication skills when speaking with internal and external audiences on topics ranging from curriculum and pedagogy to institutional vision and practice.
- Record of academic excellence, outstanding recommendations, and active engagement with new ideas in education.
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 699186