Auxiliary Program Director
Auxiliary Program Director
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for Director of Auxiliary Programs (immediate hire)!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. Since opening our first campus in Fall 2014, we have established eight leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions including New York City, Silicon Valley, Northern Virginia, and now Bellevue, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
As the Auxiliary Programs Director, you are responsible for managing the operational and programming needs for non-academic school activities including (but not limited to) after-school programs, such as clubs and sports, and summer programs. Additionally, your team, the Auxiliary Programs Department, will support community-spirit building by collaborating on the design and/or execution of student, parent, and faculty/staff events, yearbook production, school photo days/senior portraits, and purchasing spirit gear/uniforms for clubs and teams. In this role, you must comfortably wear many hats and embrace the opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Execute and enhance a comprehensive extra-curricular club, sport, and summer program that excites the community and generates revenue for the school
- Evaluate the community demands of after school and summer programs
- Research after school and summer programs offered in the community
- Research and select vendors, considering internal faculty/staff as well as external vendors, for summer and after school programs
- Coordinate, market, and manage the after school and summer programs
- Design and maintain seasonal auxiliary course catalogs, including schedules
- Oversee the hiring and management of temporary summer help for on-site summer camps
- Communicate about auxiliary courses and provide weekly updates to families via newsletters and meetings
- Register students for all auxiliary programs
- Purchase equipment for after school and summer programs
- Secure and manage payments for referees and transportation providers for sport games
- Coordinate and procure spirit wear for clubs and uniforms for sports teams, as necessary
- Manage academic and non-academic competitions and bees (i.e. Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, etc.)
- Support yearly drama productions with any contract execution and affiliated payments, register cast and crew to participate, and facilitate ticket sales, as necessary
- Coordinate and manage school photo days, including senior portraits, and facilitate photo orders
- Support the operational aspects of field trip planning including logistics and safety, as necessary
- Develop and sell the yearbook by working with faculty, administrators, and students
- Initiate and/or support with internal student and faculty events -- ensure proper execution and be on-site when needed
- Serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert for parents, students, faculty, staff and contractors
- Handle all communication to school and outside vendors
- Manage external vendor relationships
- Establish/maintain affiliations with sports leagues (attending league meetings, schedule games, and complete any administrative tasks required by the leagues)
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with all departments and teams including Facilities, IT, Front Office, Academics, Student Affairs, and Admissions
- Maintain and accurately record the budget of the auxiliary programs
- Analyze student participation in activities and the financial impact of different activities
- Collect and process school fees
- Assist with building rentals and being on-site when needed
- Possess superb organizational, budgeting, and analytical skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a willingness to work as a team and cross-departmentally
- Have a positive attitude and excitement for auxiliary programming!
- Be detail-oriented
- Have a growth mindset
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have the ability to give presentations to students/families
- Have experience working with elementary students
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed to make the school successful
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Passion for education
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook) skills are essential
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience with sales and team-management preferred
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.