Auxiliary Programs Assistant (Part-time)
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for an Auxiliary Programs Assistant (Part-time)!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
As the Auxiliary Programs Assistant, you are responsible for supporting the Operations team on logistics and administrative detail. The Auxiliary Programs Department manages non-academic aspects of school activities including (but not limited to) after-school programs (clubs/sports) and summer programs. In this role, you must comfortably wear many hats and embrace the opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the four main departments (Auxiliary Programs, Facilities, IT, and Front Office) under Operations to assist with their daily objectives
- Assist with field trip coordination and logistics
- Oversee fiscal responsibilities for our after-school program known as Late Bird
- Assist with internal events -- ensure proper execution and be on-site when needed
- Assist with building rentals and being on-site when needed
- Substitute for front office as necessary
- Assist with coordination and logistics of after-school clubs and sports (extracurriculars)
- Assist with competitions/bees
- Other tasks and duties as needed
- Possess superb organizational skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a willingness to work as a team and cross-departmentally
- Have a positive attitude and excitement for work tasks
- Be detail-oriented
- Have a growth mindset
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have the ability to give presentations to students/families
- Have experience working with school-age children
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint and pass a background check.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed to make the school successful
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Passion for education
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook) skills are essential
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience with retail or property management a plus
The Nitty Gritty
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.