|Location:||New York, NY|
BASIS Independent Manhattan Upper is seeking qualified candidates for a Summer Camp Coordinator (starting Feb 2022)!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Our campus in Manhattan, New York is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Manhattan Lower is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a Summer Camp Coordinator to join our energetic, passionate school leadership team. In this role you will support senior leadership in coordinating all areas of summer camp including extended care before and after the camp day. NOTE: This position is seasonal (approximately 6-7 months, from February 2022 to August 2022); there is opportunity to be hired upon completion of summer programming depending on position openings and performance.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the hiring, supervising and training staff.
- Works with the Director of Auxiliary Programs to establish standardized trainings for all camp staff.
- Fosters staff motivation and recognition.
- Assists the Director of Auxiliary Programs in ensuring that policies, procedures and standards are updated and all staff enforce them as written.
- Participates in conducting oral and written staff evaluations when necessary.
- Provides leadership, as directed by the Director of Auxiliary Programs, to all functions of the camp program.
- Participates in the planning of overall camp program.
- Develops, coordinates, promotes and schedules camps to meet the changing trends and the needs of each community, in conjunction with the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
- Fosters business relationships with local companies to develop new partnerships with the day camp programs.
- Adheres to the Company’s risk management plans for the camp always.
- Expands camp program to service children outside our school community.
- At the direction of the Head of School/Associate Head of School/Director of Auxiliary Programs, coordinates resolution of minor behavioral problems as needed.
- Maintains and sets up files for office of all enrolled campers and counselors
- Works within approved budget.
- Assists with Payroll and keeping track of staff attendance.
- Places supply orders within budget for camp/staff as needed, after approval by the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
- Creates memos or letters to staff and parents as requested.
- Tracks or records all other activities that take place at camp (i.e. specialty camps).
- Conducts camp follow-up surveys.
- Assists the Director of Auxiliary Programs in providing camp metric reports to corporate office as required.
- Prints attendance sheets, classroom lists, etc. for teachers as needed.
- Maintains sign-in / sign-out sheets as needed.
- Attends local or regional training and development sessions as required.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of comprehensive marketing plan.
- Maintains proactive and positive relationships with parents and prospective parents.
- Answers inquiries (in-person, via email or via phone) in a timely fashion according to NLCI Parent Centered Sales Approach (PCSA). Schedules and assists with tours as required using NLCI PCSA program techniques. Mails camp information packets to parents making inquiries.
- Participates in local opportunities to establish positive NLCI presence in the community.
- Effectively utilizes e-notify for parent communications and alerts as required
To join our team you must...
- Have knowledge of principles, techniques, goals and objectives of youth or camp programs.
- Keep the Director of Auxiliary Programs aware of all camp issues and ensures consistency of communication.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills for creating productive working relationships with various stakeholders including parents, teachers, other staff and the local community.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage conflict in the workplace and school setting by effectively applying conflict resolution strategies and confronting issues as they arise.
- Present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Remains accessible and responsive, to parents, students and staff.
- Utilize technology to effectively communicate with staff, parents and corporate office.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; be able to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card and/or applicable state background check; working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Minimum two years’ experience with youth programs including program design and development, program management, & fiscal management.
- Minimum two years coordinating/supervising, hiring, evaluating and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Experienced in sales and/or marketing of programs.
- For positions located in New York state, preferred minimum 24 weeks of administrative or supervising experience in camping.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.