Central Operations Intern (Part-time)
Central Operations Intern (Part-time)
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time Central Operations Intern!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
As the Central Operations Intern, you are responsible for supporting the Central Operations team in running operational reports on enrollment, tuition/billing, and collections; as well as general projects that involve contracts and logistics. In this role, you must comfortably wear many hats and embrace the opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the various central and school level departments (Admissions, Auxiliary, Facilities, Academic Programs, Finance, etc) to assist with their daily objectives
- Assist with school level Operations requests
- Oversee weekly delinquency reporting
- Assist with tuition invoicing/reporting
- Aid in contract creation for Enrollment and Re-enrollment
- Help track and manage the enrollment deferral process
- Assist with withdrawal tracking
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have a finance latent mindset
- Possess superb organizational skills
- Possess strong Excel skills (PivotTables, VLOOKUP, etc)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a willingness to work as a team and cross-departmentally
- Have a positive attitude and excitement for work tasks
- Be detail-oriented
- Have a growth mindset
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have the ability to present data to varying levels of management
- In the process of obtaining, or obtained within the last 12 months, a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Operations Management, or other related fields
- Experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed to meet the revolving needs of Central Operations
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Passion for education
- A desire to obtain knowledge pertaining to operations paired with a growth mindset
The Nitty Gritty
Commitment: The part-time Central Operations Intern will be expected to commit 20 hours/week to the position.
Hourly Compensation: Hourly compensation for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.