BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for College Counselor/Dean of Students!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For in a College Counselor
The main role of the successful applicant will be working very closely with our 8th and 9th grade students as they begin to consider and plan their college and career choices. The successful applicant will meet regularly with individual students, groups of students, their parents, and college representatives. The successful applicant will have a unique opportunity to build a world-class college counseling program from its inception.
What We're Looking For in a Dean of Students
A successful candidate in this role will also be able to build successful relationships with students in Grades 7-9 in a Dean of Students capacity. This will include guiding communication between teachers and parents, review student progress reports, organize academic and behavior support, and participate in the development of academic and student schedules. Support in this area is crucial as the college counseling program begins.
Experience working in a private high school, at least two years as a College Counselor; experience with Naviance.
A Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
A successful applicant must demonstrate a high level of academic attainment and experience working in a high school or other academic setting. Beyond this, strong communication skills in speaking with parents, students, admissions officers and colleagues are essential as is the ability to elicit (not simply edit) competitive application essays and write exceptional letters of recommendation. Finally, a successful applicant will be flexible and work well in a fast-moving team environment.
- Ability to build excellent rapport and productive relationships with middle and high-school students
- Work effectively in a small team environment with a "can-do-anything" mindset
- Knowledgeable of the U.S. college admissions process and a proponent of the "best-fit" model as a goal for families
- Ability to build a world-class college admissions and career planning program from scratch for outstanding students
- Ability to resolve productively conflicts among students and their parents about college and career goals
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.