College Guidance Coordinator
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for a College Guidance Coordinator for the 2021-22 School Year!
In this capacity, the College Guidance Coordinator will be responsible for teaching a daily college counseling workshop to 12th graders, completing college counseling reports, serving as the Senior Research Project coordinator, conducting family college counseling evenings, meeting one-on-one with 9th and 10th graders during the academic year (after Trimester 1 has concluded), and ad hoc responsibilities. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for developing new programming ideas, co-leading college information evening sessions, and maintenance and expansion of the Naviance program.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in speaking with parents, students; editing essays; and writing letters of recommendation. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with students.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.