|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Upper is seeking qualified candidates for a Communications Manager for immediate hire!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Ranked as the "Best High School for STEM in California," our campus in San Jose, California is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The BASIS Independent Schools team offers an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You'll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a Communications Manager to join our energetic, passionate school leadership team. In this role you will be instrumental in driving both the strategy and execution of internal stakeholder communications as well playing a crucial role in communicating the vitality of our school community to the BASIS Independent Schools network and to our local, external community. Your ability to anticipate and respond to both the communication needs and wants of our internal stakeholders will constantly be tapped while you act as the "storyteller in residence" for our schools. In this unique role you will be successful in using communications to support the efforts of our admissions and recruiting teams and to support retention efforts led by the Head of School. The position directly reports to the Head of School at BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Upper, with indirect accountability to the BASIS Independent Schools Managing Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Collaborate with BASIS Independent Schools marcom and enrollment teams, local admissions teams, and other senior management to develop and implement communications strategies to broaden the impact of BASIS Independent Fremont.
- Generate content based on a collaboratively developed editorial calendar to highlight curricular achievements, cultural values, and community events
- Maintain and drive positive traffic to social media sites including Facebook and Instagram.
- Ensure clarity, efficacy, and consistency of messaging across departments (academic newsletters, administrative policy, auxiliary programming, college counseling, media relations, etc.
- Act as a point-person for external inquiries (outside of general enrollment inquiries), overseeing organizational response in close collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Achieve tangible outcomes via external partnerships and earned media that enhance the prestige of the school and increase opportunities for students/families (internships, research)
- Manage media release permissions and ensure balanced student/family representation within school publications
- Maintain a dynamic school parent portal
- Oversee execution of and contribution to a twice yearly survey monitoring student and parent satisfaction.
- Track and report alumni activity
To join our team you must...
- Have a unique gift for storytelling and communications
- Have keen attention to detail
- Have passion for education and the mission of BASIS Independent Schools
- Be a voracious learner - you keep on top of trends in communications, particularly in the digital and social media space
- Be excited at the prospect of establishing and improving upon best practices in communications
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize and work on a number of projects at once
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have superior judgement in crisis scenarios
- Have a collaborative attitude - you must be a team player
- Have persistence and uncanny project management skills
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Writing, PR, or a related field, plus 5 years in a similar role, ideally for an early-stage organization (start-up).
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.