Dean of Students - High School
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for a High School Dean of Students!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of private schools spanning toddlers through grade 12 raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is a grade 6 - 12 private school. As Dean of Students reporting to the Director of the division, you help lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture. You will manage the overall student experience for the division, including behavior programs for the division, and establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students at school.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Support teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Organize and review results of various student assessments
- Review progress reports, mid-semester reports
- Organize and execute student academic and behavior support
- Maintain student discipline and follow through with documentation
- Coordinate the planning and preparation for new student orientation
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Participate in the development of academic and student schedules
- Participate in the planning and execution of standardized assessments
- Support teachers in building positive relationships with parents
- Coordinate student academic support interventions along with peer tutoring
- Participate in all faculty and staff meetings
A strong candidate for this position will demonstrate:
- a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Curriculum
- relationship building skills
- the ability to apply data analysis skills to improving student achievement
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- the ability to use good judgement and decision making skills
- excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- an ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
- exemplary organizational skills along with the ability to establish and manage multiple priorities and the ability to work under pressure
- outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Bachelor's required, Master's preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in a high school setting, preferably charter or independent
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance and pass a background check
- Must bring a clear TB test/screen on first day of employment.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.