Dean of Students (Primary)
Dean of Students (Primary)
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a Dean of Students for their primary school!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is a PreK-12 private school. As Dean of Students, you help lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture. You will manage social-emotional development for the school and establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students, teachers, and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students at school.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Support students’ academic, social, and emotional needs through behavior and academic interventions
- Develop cross-disciplinary integration of social-emotional curriculum through partnering with teachers
- Investigate and resolve student incidents
- Maintain student discipline and follow through with documentation
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Support teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Analyze data to inform decision-making and improve student achievement
- Review progress reports, mid-semester reports
- Build positive relationships with teachers, parents, and students
- Participate in all faculty and staff meetings
- Collaborate with Student Affairs team on school-wide initiatives and programming
- Bachelor's degree required with a Master's degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of one year of experience advising students and teachers on or creating curriculum for students’ social and emotional development
- Have a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Curriculum
- Possess demonstrable customer satisfaction skills as evidenced by a high level of responsiveness and detailed follow through
- Have an ability to build and strengthen positive relationships among students, parents, and teachers
- Have an ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Possess excellent creative problem solving and negotiating skills
- Have exemplary organizational skills along with the ability to establish and manage multiple priorities and the ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintain patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Preferably at least three years' experience in a primary and/or middle school setting, preferably in charter or independent/private schools
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card in New York City
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401(k) retirement plan, we will contribute 3% of your salary and will match up to 9% of your salary after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.