Director of Academic Programs
Director of Academic Programs
BASIS Independent Bellevue is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Academic Programs!
Who We Are
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools (BINS) is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning environment where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In five years, BINS has established five highly regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BINS is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We’re Looking For
BASIS Independent Bellevue is seeking a Director of Academic Programs to support a school culture of academic excellence and to ensure our 3rd-7th grade students are properly supported and successful academically. This position is focused on ensuring a data-driven approach is taken to assessing the implementation of our accelerated academic program and allocating the proper resources within our school operations to enhance the educational experience of our students. The role will manage master, substitute, and assessment scheduling; student registration and onboarding; curriculum coordination and teacher training; assessment coordination; and academic data analysis.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Analyze student achievement data and use data to drive recommendations and decision-making to improve academic performance and implement the BASIS Curriculum
- Develop and deliver academic programs and deliverables such as grade and progress reports, high-stakes test coordination, course syllabi development, master schedule planning, graduation progress, transcripts updates, teacher training, and management of student data
- Lead administrators and teachers to gather and analyze student performance data and develop action plans for improvement (data driven instruction or DDI)
- Create a master schedule (teacher, room, periods, and student schedules) and assessment, special events, early release, faculty substitute sub-schedules
- Provide direct training to teachers on software such as PowerSchool, GradeCam, FastBridge, and proprietary software systems.
- Oversee student registration, onboarding and recordkeeping including daily attendance
- Act as a member of the faculty selection; data driven instruction (DDI); BobChats, Donuts with Deans, and Coffee with Admin parent meetings; and new student selection teams.
- Has strong verbal, written, and platform communication skills with students, employees, and parents
- Possess excellent data analysis skills
- Open to constructive feedback and continuous improvement
- Possesses a strong work ethic and a "do whatever it takes" mindset
- Able to coach teachers in instructional and learning strategies
- Possess excellent software skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook)
- Be an excellent problem solver
- Able to manage complex projects and meet all desired requirements including deadlines, budget, and customer training
- Able to manage high-performing direct reports effectively such as Curriculum Coordinators and Registrar.
- Skilled in the administration of high-stakes assessments like PSAT, ACT, SAT, AP®, ISA, PISA, FastBridge
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree plus three years of experience in Prek-12 education or an equivalent combination of education and experience
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.