Director of Auxiliary Programs
Director of Auxiliary Programs
BASIS Independent Brooklyn Upper is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Auxiliary Programs!
The role of the Director of Auxiliary Programs is primarily responsible for creating and directing after-school and summer programs for BASIS Independent Brooklyn Upper. This position collaborates with the Associate Head of Operations on efficient auxiliary operations related to the school and various other vendors. The Director of Auxiliary Programs works with Spring Education Group on summer camp programming, staffing, and execution.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for the planning/execution of BIBU after-school and summer programs.
- Improve and maintain operational systems, processes, and policies relating to auxiliary programs.
- Maintain and accurately record the budgets for auxiliary programs.
- Design and maintain seasonal auxiliary course catalogues, including schedules, communicate offerings, and provide weekly updates to families via newsletter/meetings.
- Procure and manage external vendor relationships.
- Coordinate, market, and manage after-school and summer programs at BIBU.
- Collect and process school fees; register students for campus programs.
- Purchase supplies and equipment for after-school and summer programs.
- Handle all communication between the school and outside vendors.
- Analyze student participation in activities and the financial impact of different activities.
- Serve as point-of-contact and subject matter expert for parents, students, faculty, and staff as it relates to auxiliary programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized: Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing, and coordinating tasks.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication: Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing; communicate in a manner that is clear, complete, and concise.
- Judgement: Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Professional: Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background, or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient: Prioritize and execute day-to-day responsibilities to best respond to business demands; maximize productivity and minimize wasted time.
- Accountable: Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Finger Print Clearance Card and or applicable state background check.
Experience: 3 - 5 years in a role with relatable job duties, ideally in a similar sized school; Event planning experience a plus
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.