Director of Operations
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Operations!
Who we are
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extrodinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking a Director of Operations to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our students. This position is highly focused on student services specifically in the areas of transportation, food services, and the online bookstore. As a member of the school operations team, the Director of Operations works closely with the Head of Operations on the development and maintenance of customer service protocols to ensure excellent service standards and respond efficiently to inquiries.
Your primary job responsibilities
- Participates in the planning and execution of transportation (e.g. bus routes and metro cards) and catered food services.
- Manages activities during student dismissal.
- Oversees front office and trains staff on protocols for phone calls, student pick-up, FAQ responses, and record logs.
- Manages field trip processes in partnership with direct reports.
- Collaborates with other departments, including IT, academics, facilities, and auxiliary, on an as needed basis to execute special projects and support school wide event planning
- Collects and updates data during re-enrollment period for student registration.
- Supports the operations team with parent billing and other financial-related questions, assisting in the on-boarding process for new employees, and coordinating logistics for summer training.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of work-related experience.
- Ability to obtain appropriate clearance to work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with all types of people.
- Sound understanding of operational planning and customer service standards.
- A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Critically, an applicant should possess an excellent academic record and recommendations, and be open to new ideas.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.