Early Education Teacher
Early Education Teacher
|Office:||BASIS Independent Fremont|
BASIS Independent Fremont is seeking qualified candidates for an Early Education Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
In this teaching position, you use your expertise in early childhood or elementary education to create a learning environment where learning is a joyful and rewarding experience that maintains the integrity of each child’s imagination and natural curiosity. The environment fosters an exposure to a thematic, hands-on, comprehensive, and content-rich curriculum. It creates a blueprint for children not only to transition with ease to first grade, but also to become enthusiastic lifelong learners. Ultimately, the goal of the program is to foster a sense of wonder while engaging in the world that surrounds us, equipping students with a foundation for future success.
BASIS Curriculum Early Education Teachers are knowledgeable, passionate and believe in developing independence, responsibility and autonomy in students at a young age. Our PK-4 classrooms are co-taught with not one, but two teachers co-creating with students at all times. Our early education teachers love teaching and our students love learning. BASIS Curriculum teachers celebrate the art of learning and, guided by the belief that any child can excel, our early education teachers' deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Build a positive classroom community to ease classroom management, improve student attitude toward learning, and create an environment where students feel welcomed and supported.
- Create intervention and enrichment activities to supplement core instruction to heighten the trajectory of their academic and personal success.
- Teach lessons in reading, math, science and social studies in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Instruct students in executive functions to develop skills of autonomy, responsibility and independence.
- Establish effective school-to-home and home-to-school communications to involve parents and families in their students' education.
- Guide student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by working closely with a teaching fellow to deliver effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for teaching and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum Teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Has experience teaching or tutoring with respective age group
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content and well-planned, well-paced lessons
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes mindset
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Demonstrated success in student achievement, child development and classroom management. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 2 years of experience as PK-1 classroom teacher is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.