Economics & Business Teacher
Economics & Business Teacher
BASIS Independent Fremont Upper is seeking qualified candidates for an Economics & Business Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Our campus in Fremont, California is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Fremont Upper is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS Independent teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As an Economics and Intro to Business Teacher for upper school students learning college material, it is your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans and to teach students the facets of planning, starting, operating, and growing a business. Students will also learn how to conduct market analysis, spearhead a marketing campaign, and manage finances and financial statements. We encourage our teachers to bring their own excitement and passion for their subject into the classroom to spark students’ natural curiosity and enhance their interest.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Business and Economics
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Independent teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) club advisor for students
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Has deep knowledge of subject taught
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content and well-planned, well-paced lessons
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, collaborative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and "do whatever it takes" mind set
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree in the subject area. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card. In addition, the advisor must have a CTE credential or Single Subject Credential in one of the following approved areas: Business and Finance; Marketing, Sales, and Services; Hospitality and Tourism or a Single Subject Credential in Business or Home Economics.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children- not necessarily in the classroom- and be open to new ideas in teaching.
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.