Elementary School Teaching Fellow
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for an Elementary School Teaching Fellow!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The Teaching Fellow's role is to assist the lead teacher while learning the BASIS Independent Schools' model. Teaching Fellows have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the school preparing them for the classroom or administration in the future. Teaching Fellows help in the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and can assist with any issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
Teaching Fellows will be required to attend all staff meetings and any training required of Teachers.
BASIS Curriculum Early Education Teachers are knowledgeable, passionate and believe in developing independence, responsibility and autonomy in students at a young age. Our PK-4 classrooms are co-taught with not one, but two teachers co-creating with students at all times. Our early education teachers love teaching and our students love learning. BASIS Curriculum teachers celebrate the art of learning and, guided by the belief that any child can excel, our early education teachers' deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education.
Your Primary Responsibilities
Depending on the campus, Teaching Fellows may in engage in any or all of the following activities:
- Classroom teaching both part-time and subbing
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Collaborating with teachers to provide academic support for students in small groups and one-on-one
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, arts and crafts, reading with students, snack and lunch times, and clean-up
- Supervising and managing students during indoor and outdoor play time
- Supporting students' social-emotional development by providing assistance with building peer relationships, conflict resolution, and following directions
- Working with teachers in evaluating student progress and gains
- Monitoring and managing student's non-scheduled time, to include Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Leading engaging activities, games, and story time during Early Bird and Late Bird program
- Assisting Directors of Student Affairs and Deans with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting Directors of Academic Programs with execution of key programs
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Independent Schools model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Demonstrated success in student achievement, child development and classroom management. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 2 years of experience as PK-1 classroom teacher is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.