Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a FacilitiesCoordinator!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result inextraordinary outcomes.In just four years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for providing various facility and operational services of the school that are critical to providing a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability of the physical school building.
You can expect to...
- Support the Facility Manager in managing and maintaining the facility, building and grounds and all equipment, fixed assets, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Schedule and manage all facilities work orders via an online work order system
- Maintain preventive maintenance program
- Maintain emergency preparedness program
- Assess and repair maintenance issues
- Maintain documentation on proposals, bids and contracts
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-up
- Respond to building emergencies on an on-call rotation
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks
To join our team you must have...
- Ability to use online programs, tools and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to make quick & important facilities related decisions
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to implement and adjust procedures
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS
- 3+ years of Facilities & building maintenance experience
- Experience handling facility maintenance
- Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 859513