Future Opportunities: Learning Expert Teachers
Future Opportunities: Learning Expert Teachers
We are seeking qualified candidates for future positions with BASIS Independent Fremont.
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
Various positions will be available in the future. Apply now for future consideration.
What We're Looking For
Our Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) cultivate a culture of joyful learning as they co-create with the students. LETs at the elementary level customize education to meet the individual needs of each student. Our teachers love teaching, and our students love learning. Guided by the belief that any child can excel with the right support, our elementary teachers’ deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education, with personalized attention.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As one of two teachers in the elementary classroom, Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) are responsible for one classroom of students-all day, every day-and work with the Subject Expert Teacher to find the best ways to deliver lessons, engage students, and create an environment where students will understand, and retain, what they learn in class. LETs utilize expertise in different pedagogical methods to provide individual or small group instruction to meet the different needs of students, while also establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior needed to achieve an optimal learning atmosphere in the classroom.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating students’ academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records, and preparing progress reports.
- Communicating with parents via email, conferences, and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the BASIS Independent Schools culture.
- Identifying student needs and cooperating with the Subject Experts or other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervising students during classroom transitions through the day.
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, collaborative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and "do whatever it takes" mind set
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Demonstrated success in student achievement, child development and classroom management. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 2 years of experience as a classroom teacher is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.