Future Teaching Opportunities in the New York City Metro Area!
We are seeking qualified candidates for Future Teacher positions at BASIS Independent Schools in the New York City Metro Area!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of their academic and career success.
- Implementation of BASIS curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
- Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance. In addition to a Bachelor's degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. Highly qualified teacher requirements vary by state. In some cases, a Bachelor's degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Coursework or experience in education is not required, nor is certification.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.