BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a Kindergarten Teacher for the coming school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Ranked as one of the "Best College Prep Private High School in Virginia," our campus in McLean, Virginia is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent McLean is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS Independent teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our Kindergarten classrooms are taught by two teachers - the lead Kindergarten Teacher and an additional Kinder Teaching Fellow. The Kinder Teaching Fellow supports the learning of students and supplements the instruction of the lead teacher.
In a BASIS Independent Kindergarten teaching position, you will create a learning environment where learning is a joyful and rewarding experience, and children learn to become enthusiastic life-long learners. The thematic, hands-on, and content rich curriculum creates a blueprint for children to transition with ease to first grade, and equips students with a foundation for future success. Our early education teachers are guided by the belief that any child can excel with the right support.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Build a positive classroom community to ease classroom management, improve student attitude toward learning, and create an environment where students feel welcomed and supported.
- Create intervention and enrichment activities to supplement core instruction to heighten the trajectory of their academic and personal success.
- Instruct students in executive functions to develop skills of autonomy, responsibility and independence.
- Establish effective school-to-home and home-to-school communications to involve parents and families in their students' education.
- Guide student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by working closely with a teaching fellow to deliver effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for teaching and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum Teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Has experience teaching or tutoring with respective age group
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content and well-planned, well-paced lessons
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, collaborative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes mindset
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Demonstrated success in student achievement, child development and classroom management. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 2 years of experience as PK-1 classroom teacher is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.