Math & Economics Teaching Fellow-High School
Math & Economics Teaching Fellow-High School
BASIS Independent Brooklyn Upper is seeking qualified candidates for a Math & Economics Teaching Fellow for immediate hire!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Ranked as one of the "Best College Prep Private High Schools in New York," our campus in Brooklyn, New York is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Brooklyn Upper is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The Teaching Fellow's role is to assist the lead teacher while learning the BASIS Independent Schools' model. Teaching Fellows have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the school preparing them for the classroom or administration in the future. Teaching Fellows help in the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and can assist with any issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
Teaching Fellows will be required to attend all staff meetings and any training required of Teachers.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Depending on the campus, Teaching Fellows may in engage in any or all of the following activities:
- Classroom teaching both part-time and subbing
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Student academic support and tutoring
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Working with teachers in evaluating student progress and gains
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing student's non-scheduled time, to include Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Coordinating homework and assignments for absent students
- Assisting Directors of Student Affairs and Deans with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting Directors of Academic Programs with execution of key programs
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Independent Schools model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree is required. Candidates must posses the willingness to keep current in both subject matter knowledge and BASIS Independent Schools teaching methodologies.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. The range is 47K-50K.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.