Middle School Math Teaching Fellow
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is hiring a Middle School Math Teaching Fellow!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with two new campuses opening in Manhattan and Brooklyn in 2021. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The role of Middle School Math Teaching Fellow (TF) is to assist the teaching staff while learning the BASIS Curriculum Schools model and preparing for a future classroom or administrative role. Teaching Fellows help in the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive, and achievement-oriented school culture. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and can assist with any issues related to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Classroom teaching, and acting as a substitute, including creating lesson plans and ensuring student engagement
- Assist teachers with classroom management and monitoring students’ task completion, discipline, and order
- Provide students with academic support and tutoring, as necessary
- Monitor and manage study groups
- Assist classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Work with teachers in evaluating student progress and growth
- Proctor student assessments
- Monitor and manage students’ non-scheduled time, such as "Early Bird" and "Late Bird" supervision and lunch monitoring
- Coordinate homework and assignments for absent students
- Assist Director of Student Affairs and Deans with managing student behavior and discipline
- Assist Director of Academic Programs with execution of key programs
- Adapt to changing school demands and prioritize tasks
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card and/or satisfactory applicable state background check
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Experience: Experience working in a school environment or instructional capacity
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.