The BASIS Independent Schools Central Office is seeking qualified candidates for an Operations Analyst!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking an Operations Analyst to make an impact in our fast-paced and energetic Operations team. Based in our central office in Scottsdale, AZ you will be instrumental in driving projects to optimize department and school quality and efficiency. Using your creativity, organizational and analytical skills you will be able to depict status of operational effectiveness and make recommendations to enhance the quality and efficiency of school operations - you live in Excel and know how to analyze and articulate data in a way that makes sense to everyone. Your ability to adapt to and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment will constantly be tapped as you look for new ways to improve process, provide thorough analysis of data, and create and maintain documentation of critical information. Projects include research, vendor engagement and heavy use of excel for analytics. You will drive results through a tireless work ethic, meeting quick turn-around timelines, building and leading successful inter-departmental relationships, and constantly thinking creatively about how we can further elevate and enhance BASIS Independent School operations. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Drive collaboration with BASIS Independent central departments and school leaders to support and manage projects that help to optimize operational quality and efficiency for our campuses.
- Ensure due dates and required time frames for deliverables are met
- Gather and analyze data regarding school non-academic programs including Extracurricular Programs, Summer Programs, Student Transportation Services and monthly budget and financial reporting
- Assist with Operations vendor contracts and management
- Support the development, implementation, documentation and training for new or improved operational systems, processes and policies
- Maintain and update intranet resources and documentation
- Conduct new school and new market research and analysis
- Oversee Re-enrollment processes of over 3000 students across five schools
- Other duties as assigned
- Prioritization: the ability to prioritize and work on a number of projects at concurrently
- Organization: ability to manage multiple projects while keeping high attention to detail
- Analytical ability: ability to analyze data and information to create insightful and actionable reports
- Interpersonal communication skills: ability to develop effective business relationships across locations and to effectively articulate analysis and recommendations
- Entrepreneurial mindset: willing to take risks in a demanding, growing culture
- Work ethic: productively contribute both as an individual contributor and a supportive team member
- Integrity: maintain high standards of business conduct and ethical sensitivity
- Team building: look for ways to elevate the teams outcomes in meeting organizational goals
- Creative problem solving: you are always thinking about ways to improve our school and its operations
- Travel availability: be willing to occasionally travel to our offices and schools in Northern California, New York City and Northern Virginia
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook) skills are essential
- Advanced Excel knowledge required
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration
- Work experience in a related field such as office, facilities or hospitality management with a track record of professional growth and success
- Minimum of 3 years of experience is required
- Experience as a Financial Analyst prefered
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, assess and improve operational functions with data drive decisions
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.