|Office:||BASIS Independent Fremont Upper|
BASIS Independent Fremont Upper is seeking qualified candidates for an Operations Coordinator for the 2020-2021 school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Fremont is a Transitional Kindergarten - Grade 8 private school. As the Operations Coordinator, you are responsible for supporting the Operations team on logistics and administrative detail. In this role, you must comfortably wear many hats and embrace the opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the four main departments (Auxiliary Programs, Facilities, IT, and Front Office) under Operations to assist with their daily objectives
- Assist with field trip coordination and logistics
- Oversee fiscal responsibilities for our after-school program known as Late Bird
- Assist with invoicing non-tuition fees, and answer billing-related questions
- Oversee lunch service program, and ensure health & safety compliance
- Ordering of supplies, and maintain inventory
- Receive and distribute shipments/packages
- Assist with internal events -- ensure proper execution and be on-site when needed
- Assist with building rentals and being on-site when needed
- Substitute for front office as necessary
- Assist with coordination and logistics of after-school clubs and sports (extracurriculars)
- Assist with competitions/bees
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Possess superb organizational skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a willingness to work as a team and cross-departmentally
- Have a positive attitude and excitement for work tasks
- Be detail-oriented
- Have a growth mindset
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have the ability to give presentations to students/families
- Have experience working with elementary students
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed to make the school successful
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Passion for education
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook) skills are essential
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience with retail or property management preferred
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.