Physics Teacher-Middle School
Physics Teacher-Middle School
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Upper is seeking qualified candidates for a Middle School Physics Teacher starting this coming school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Ranked as the "Best High School for STEM in California," our campus in San Jose, California is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
In this teaching position, you use your passion for your subject to inspire and teach higher-level content than what is typical of secondary students. You work collaboratively with other teachers to create a learning culture in which diverse perspectives are challenged and tested in an environment of informed thought and collegiality.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Has deep knowledge of subject taught.
- Instruct students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of their academic and career success.
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum Teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
- Guide student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content and well-planned, well-paced lessons
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and "do whatever it takes" mind set
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree in the subject area. Coursework or experience in education is not required, nor is certification. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children- not necessarily in the classroom- and be open to new ideas in teaching.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.