BASIS Independent Fremont Lower and Fremont Upper are seeking a qualified candidate for a School Counselor (K-12) to start this summer!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
What We're Looking For
The School Counselor serves as a resource to the school, focusing on both faculty/staff and parent support to assist with interventions in academic and emotional situations. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school, and is responsible for issues relating to the well-being of the students at the school. This position will serve students K-12 at BASIS Independent Fremont Lower and Upper Campus.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Provide short-term school based counseling (individual or group setting) for elementary and high school students
- Facilitate peer mediation and restorative conferences
- Support the development and implementation of the social emotional learning curriculum across the school
- Offer guidance and strategies to teachers and parents for supporting students with a variety of social and emotional issues, including implementing behavior plans as needed
- Make recommendations for outside support on an as needed basis
- Prevent, assess, and intervene in crisis situations
- Act as a member of the school crisis management and response team
- Create educational workshops for the school community on an as-needed basis
- Assist the school team in reviewing requests for reasonable accommodations and, if appropriate, contacting their outside support specialists
- Maintain accurate records when communicating with students, parents and teachers about intervention plans, reasonable accommodations and progress reports.
- Build positive relationships within the school community
- Possess a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Curriculum
- Demonstrate the desired school culture by creating a joyful, loving, respectful, safe, and supportive learning environment and instilling a love of learning and an expectation of high academic performance in every student
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction by demonstrating active listening, empathy, problem-solving, follow-through and clear communication
- Have an ability to build and strengthen positive relationships among students, parents, and teachers
- Have an ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Have exemplary organizational skills along with the ability to establish and manage multiple caseloads
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintain patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Bachelors degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Experience (3-5 years) working with middle and high school students in a professional setting
- Individual must have a willingness to develop and implement a new position/program
- Individual has a background with implementing or developing Social Emotional Learning Programming
- Master’s degree in school psychology or related field in clinical psychology or school counseling
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) or state-certified youth counselor
- Experience as an independent school-based counselor
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. The range is 60K-70K.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2500633