School Facility Manager
School Facility Manager
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Lower is seeking qualified candidates for a School Facility Manager for this upcoming school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Lower is the newest addition to our network of leading independent schools, starting Fall 2022 with Grades TK-5, and an extension to our esteemed Silicon Valley Upper campus -- recognized as the "Best High School for STEM in California." We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Our campus in Sunnyvale, California is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Lower is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The Facility Manager is responsible for providing various facility and operational services of the school that are critical to providing a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability of the physical school building.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Support Operations with building maintenance, and immediately responds to building emergencies
- Perform general cleanup of all areas of the building as directed (classrooms, offices, restrooms, etc.)
- Manage, track, and respond to Facilities tickets (requests) as they come in
- Negotiate and/or bid work to obtain competitive pricing and the best quality
- Maintain cumulative records of all work completed, and monitor all scheduled maintenance actions and progress
- Keep current on follow-up dates for all outstanding requests for proposals, and work orders
- Assemble, disassemble, and set-up furniture systems as requested
- Perform various minor work such as painting, wall repairs, etc.
- Receive, audit, and maintain inventories of supplies and equipment
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-up/tear-down
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks
- Other duties as required
- A background in building facility maintenance
- Good knowledge of methods, tools, materials and equipment to be used in maintaining the facility
- Exhibits organizational skills and good time management with the ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks and demands of the job
- Must have problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Consistently applies good judgement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Flexible with changing work assignments when needed.
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Ability to use online programs, tools and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Dependable, self-motivated and ownership of tasks
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS
- 3+ years of Facilities & building maintenance experience
- Experience handling facility maintenance
- Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.