School Health Coordinator
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for a School Health Coordinator!
Who We Are
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just five years, we have established five highly regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The School Health Coordinator at BASIS Independent Manhattan is responsible for overseeing and providing services related to maintaining the health and wellness of students. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our School Health Coordinator will work together with our student support team to monitor student health needs and provide appropriate services while building strong relationships with parents, students, teachers and supportive members of the school community.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains standards of first aid care for the emergency treatment of student injuries and illness during the school day.
- Maintains a high level of neatness, cleanliness, and organization of the health clinic
- Maintains current and accurate student health records, student medications, and daily health clinic records, including student immunization, and ensure regulatory compliance
- Communicates effectively and professionally with student support team and families regarding student health, safety, and well-being.
- Ensure compliance with applicable City, State and Federal health regulations.
- Collaborates with the operations team to develop protocol and programming for a hygienic facility.
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate's degree and valid fingerprint clearance. Knowledge of child and adolescent growth and development. Experience treating minor injuries and/or providing medical support to patients or students. Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate issued by an authorized agency. Flexible hours are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, or Medical Assistant strongly preferred. Knowledge of communicable disease prevention and medication protocol. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.