School Programs & Events Manager
School Programs & Events Manager
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a School Programs & Events (Auxiliary Programs) Manager starting this coming school year!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Ranked as one of the "Best College Prep Private High Schools in Virginia," our campus in McLean, Virginia is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speak to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent McLean is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The Manager of Auxiliary Programs is primarily responsible for directing after school and summer programs for the school. The Manager of Auxiliary Programs organizes and leads information sessions, events for students and families, and distributes all auxiliary program information. They will also collaborate with the Head of Operations on efficient operations related to the school and various other vendors.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the main point-of-contact for the planning/execution of after school and summer programs
- Improve and maintain operational systems, processes, and policies
- Maintain and accurately record the budget of the Auxiliary Program
- Design and maintain seasonal auxiliary course catalogues including schedules, communications, and weekly updates to families via newsletters/meetings
- Procure and manage external vendor relationships
- Coordinate, market, and manage the after school and summer programs
- Collect and process school fees; register students for campus programs
- Purchase equipment for after school and summer programs
- Handle all communication with outside vendors
- Analyze student participation in activities and their financial impact
- Main point-of-contact for the planning/execution of BASIS Virtual Summer Camp
- Serve as point-of-contact and subject matter expert for parents, students, faculty, and staff as it relates to Auxiliary Programs
- Understand relevant compliance requirements (i.e. Article 43)
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing, and coordinating tasks
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete, and concise.
- Judgement - The ability to formulate a sound decision using available information
- Reliable - Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background, or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient - Prioritize and execute day-to-day responsibilities to best respond to business demands; maximize productivity and minimize wasted time
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback
Education: Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Certifications and Credentials: Valid fingerprint clearance card and or applicable state background check
Experience: 3 - 5 years in a role with related job duties, ideally in a similar sized school; event planning experience a plus
Computer skills: Microsoft Office
Must have ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for certain programs/events
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.