School Support Aide (Monitor)
School Support Aide (Monitor)
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Lower is seeking qualified School Monitor candidates for immediate hire!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Lower is the newest addition to our network of leading independent schools, starting Fall 2022 with Grades TK-5, and an extension to our esteemed Silicon Valley Upper campus -- recognized as the "Best High School for STEM in California." We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Our campus in Sunnyvale, California is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Lower is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The BASIS Independent Schools team offers an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You'll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking a Monitor to provide support services to the school's faculty and staff in order to meet the mission of BASIS Independent Schools. In this role, the Monitor is primarily responsible for monitoring student activities (e.g. lunches, before and/or after school). The Monitor position is a great opportunity to work for a highly dynamic, fast-paced organization with room for growth.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Monitoring students
- Performing clerical tasks
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Able to manage authoritatively and effectively large groups of students in before and after-school programs and during lunch periods
- Be punctual and reliable
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma and valid fingerprint clearance are required to work at BASIS Independent Schools.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with children is preferred. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment, and will be able to stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.