Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Silicon Valley|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeing qualified candidates for a Security Guard!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just a few years we have established five highly regarded private schools (PreK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here...
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is a grades 5-12 private school. As the Security Guard, you will be responsible for overseeing safety protocols and security operations for all areas of the school. The Security Guard provides proactive oversight of safety protocols to ensure a secure environment for students and staff.
Work may be performed outside in seasonal weather as well as inside of buildings. Work is performed during both daylight and night hours. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You can expect to...
- Responsible for monitoring the overall security of the campus.
- Periodically check the entryways, stairwells, hallways, and other areas of the campus.
- Report any suspicious activity, activity in violation of school protocols, and/or unsafe conditions to Head of Operations, security, and/or the local emergency department.
- Supervise commons areas and surrounding areas before, during and after school.
- Monitor and review school security cameras & procedures.
- Schedule and monitor external security personnel contracted by the school.
- Coordinate, train and evaluate the other outsourced guards.
- Understand Security's roles during Fire Drills and Lockdowns.
- Be able to document incident reports as needed.
- Work with vendors and oversee contractors as necessary.
- Support school events conducted at the facility, including weekend events.
- Provide building supervision during times of school shut-down.
- Help organize and supervise student drop-off and pick-up.
- Have working knowledge of internal alarm system.
- Greet, welcome and check in visitors as needed.
- Oversee the log book to ensure all adults working in the building sign in/out.
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks.
- Direct all school inquires and foot traffic in a friendly and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized- Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks.
- Detail Oriented- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication- Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete, and concise.
- Accountability- Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Judgment- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Certifications and Credentials- Valid Livescan fingerprint clearance and/or applicable state background check. CPR Certification preferred.
- 2+ years' experience in a role with relatable job duties, ideally in a similar sized school.
- Computer Skills- Microsoft Office, Sharepoint
Stand C (Constantly)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Crawl O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend F (Frequently)Lift/Carry
10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less F (Frequently)
13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound (Ability to hear verbal discussions.)
Sense of Smell
Sense of Touch
The Nitty Gritty...
Reports to: Head of Operations
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.
Job Reference #: 789934