Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Senior IT Helpdesk & Field Service Technician
Senior IT Helpdesk & Field Service Technician
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Central Office - Scottsdale|
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a Senior IT Helpdesk & Field Service Technician
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the worlds most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you should expect...
Join a fast-paced and energetic Operations team as a Senior IT Helpdesk and Field Service Technician located in our central corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ. The Helpdesk/IT Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining and implementing changes to existing IT systems as well as providing technical assistance to on-site technicians at our schools and directly to users at our central office. In this role you are also responsible for ensuring the success of minor as well as major IT infrastructure installations at our schools. This position directly reports to the IT Project Manager.
In this role, you will build relationships and work in cross-functional teams to identify business needs and work through solutions with technical managers, non-technical managers and staff. You will leverage your technical fluency and excellent communication and problem solving skills to manage a varied range of technical projects and bring about the specified solutions into reality. You will drive results through a tireless work ethic, meeting quick turn-around timelines, building and coordinating successful inter-departmental relationships, and constantly thinking creatively about how we can further elevate and enhance BASIS Independent Schools operations.
Your Primary Responsibilities are to...
- Work with IT technicians based at our schools to provide remote helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end users satisfaction
- Provide in-person desktop support to central office employees
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to IT service ticket requests
- Analyze IT support requests and overall processes across company and make recommendations to address highest priorities and maximize client satisfaction and operational efficiency
- Manage and ensure successful implementation of infrastructure installations and upgrades at both new and existing facilities in partnership with our construction and facilities team. Provide successful handover to on-site IT technician.
- Manage on-site maintenance, repair and testing needs that arise outside the scope of school-based IT technicians
- Evaluate new and existing software products and beta test new system features
- Maintain reference and training documentation for existing and developed IT systems
- Other duties as assigned and which invariably arise in our fast-paced environment
To join our team you must have...
- 5+ years experience with remote and in-person desktop and networking support
- A bachelors degreein Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a relevant field
- A customer service oriented approach
- The ability to prioritize and work on a number of projects at once
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills
- An analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and high attention to detail
- A strong work ethic as an individual contributor and a supportive team member
- The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with evolving tools, processes and structures
- A willingness to take calculated risks in a demanding start-up culture
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems
- Experience and in-depth knowledge MS Active Directory
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Virtualization technology
- High degree of knowledge of IT infrastructure and server technology
- High degree of knowledge with routers, switches, firewalls and many other network devices
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs
- A willingness to occasionally travel to our offices and schools in Northern California, New York City and Northern Virginia, sometimes on short notice
Bonus points for having any...
- MCSE/MCSA/MCP, A+ and/or Network+ certification
- Familiarity with Cisco networking
- Experience with building management systems
- Experience with lighting systems (eg Lutron)
- Experience with Security and Camera systems (eg Honeywell)
The Nitty Gritty...
- Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.