Summer Camp Counselors & Teachers
Summer Camp Counselors & Teachers
BASIS Independent Bellevue is seeking qualified candidates for Camp Counselors and Camp Lead Teachers for Full and Part-Time Positions for Summer 2023!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools with ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling metropolitan areas in the country. Our campuses offer dynamic summer programming for preschool through grade 8 children designed to keep kids engaged, having fun, and learning all summer long! The overall camp theme for 2023 is "Experience Awesome!"
Who We’re Looking For
We need camp leaders who want to make camp an awesome experience! The Camp Counselor is responsible for using provided materials to plan, teach, and coordinate day camp for a specific age group. This includes carrying out activities and guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills (e.g., sharing and being kind). The Camp Lead teacher plans and leads themed camps with support from a summer team. Lead teachers may be able to choose the camps they lead or may fill needed roles. Training is provided, including CPR/1st aid training required for all camp leaders.
Generally, camp runs from mid-June to mid-August. Full-time and part-time positions are available. Qualified candidates may choose the weeks of camp they want to work or commit to the full summer. Camp hours are 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM, including before and after care. Specific dates and times vary at each campus.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
- Assist or lead in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers within activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers within the mission and outcomes.
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Represent the camp when interacting with parents or community members.
Essential Counselor Qualifications
- Has excitement, joy, and passion for working with kids
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Cooperative, supportive, flexible, organized
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Has a strong work ethic and problem-solving mindset
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma and valid fingerprint clearance are required to work at BASIS Independent Schools. Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with and interacting with children. High level of personal responsibility and optimism. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Humble and willing to learn. Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Able to walk and stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building.
The salary for a Camp Counselor is $16-$22 an hour depending on experience.
The salary for a Camp Lead Teacher is $40-$50 an hour depending on experience.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.