BASIS Independent Brooklyn Upper is seeking qualified candidates for a Teaching Fellow for the 2021-22 School Year!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
The Teaching Fellow's role is to assist the lead teacher while learning the BASIS Independent Schools' model. Teaching Fellows have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the school preparing them for the classroom or administration in the future. Teaching Fellows help in the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and can assist with any issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
Teaching Fellows will be required to attend all staff meetings and any training required of Teachers.
Depending on the campus, Teaching Fellows may in engage in any or all of the following activities:
- Classroom teaching both part-time and subbing
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Student academic support and tutoring
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Working with teachers in evaluating student progress and gains
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing student's non-scheduled time, to include Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Coordinating homework and assignments for absent students
- Assisting Directors of Student Affairs and Deans with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting Directors of Academic Programs with execution of key programs
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Independent Schools model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree is required. Candidates must posses the willingness to keep current in both subject matter knowledge and BASIS Independent Schools teaching methodologies.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.