BASIS Independent Brooklyn Lower is seeking qualified candidates for a Technology (Desktop Support) Coordinator!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
The Technology (Desktop Support) Coordinator's primary role is to provide help desk operations and to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance for all technology and operational needs. This includes all help desk requests and resolutions for the operations and academics staff as well as BASIS provided student resources. The Technology Coordinator is the sole IT resource at the school and as such, the person in this position needs to have strong desktop support experience and expertise, entry-level knowledge of systems/network administration and the experience to provide excellent customer service focused on teacher and student success. The position also includes assisting in the maintenance of Building Management Systems and Security/Access Control systems running on Windows based platforms. The position requires an individual who excels at managing time and user needs across a varied environment, being responsible for application support, hardware support and user education. Familiarity with a matrixed management organization is beneficial. Technology Coordinators must have the ability to engage with users of various technical skill sets effectively and understand the needs of the school as a whole.
The Technology Coordinator position is a great opportunity to work for a highly dynamic, fast-paced organization. The BASIS Curriculum Schools academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Curriculum Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to all students. It is imperative that our staff share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Serves as a help desk tier 1 and 2 engineer to support desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones
- Imaging computers utilizing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Microsoft provisioning tools
- Office 365 Administration
- Maintains system processes related to file and system backups
- Supporting a wide variety of network and software applications (firewall, web filter, corporate managed virus protection)
- Maintain Active Directory user and computer accounts
- Maintain with Windows Server Update Services
- Maintains telephone equipment including VoIP and analog services
- Recommends hardware, software and consumables for purchase
- Maintain updated and accurate inventory lists
- Analyze, design and implement IT solutions at the school level
- Analyze and report performance of enterprise solutions to the Central IT department
- Maintain and create documentation of IT processes
- Troubleshoot Network and Wi-Fi infrastructure issues
- Configure, update and maintain school image profiles
- Outlook, Skype and SharePoint configuration and training
- Maintains computer and mobile device updates/patches
- Maintain Cisco phone equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of the BASIS Independent Schools model
- Attention to detail and strong organization and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Strong project/time management skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written or verbal form
- Technical or Associates degree; experience can be considered in place of degree
- 2-3 years in an IT Help Desk environment supporting Windows 10
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365, Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory
- Experience with managing work within a Help Desk ticketing system
- Basic understanding of IP Routing, network troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Basic experience with monitoring and configuring monitoring tools such as PRTG
- Experience with MDT, WSUS and Antivirus/Encryption tools
- Experience with Laptop/Tablet hardware maintenance, computer hardware diagnostics
- Experience with supporting large Multi-Function Printers
- Experience administering network devices
- Familiarity with Cisco Call Manager, Commercial Building Security Software and Content Filtering solutions
- The ideal applicant will have experience in school setting or youth-serving organization
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.